WSTN: An official introduction

I know I've mentioned it in at least one other post, but awhile back I started a forum thread that I named "WSTN." Below you will find the transcript of the first post...I haven't been great about updating it for the trivia stuff, but have been fairly good at posting other stuff that everyone might find interesting. I am going to try to be better about posting the trivia info there, but if anyone has any other ideas or things they might want to contribute, let me know. For now, though, enjoy the introduction to WSTN (as well as the following posts!):

"Recently, thewheaties took over from zeustis01 as commish of the Steinbrenner World and instituted a weekly trivia contest based on a mix of real-world sports contests (such as NCAA Football and MLB) and some questions about the goings on in Steinbrenner. We have been looking for a place to track picks/results etc. and it recently occurred to me that a rebranding of our world would be a good time to try again on the “WKRP” forum post.

WKRP dates back to csherwood and his long-successful Wichita team, where he would post updates at certain points in the season detailing how he’d been doing and how he made certain important decisions. At one point last year, I gathered all of those informational posts together and started using them to guide a rebuild in a thread that I named “WKRP makes a new hire.” Since his team was in Wichita, I decided to place my new rebuild in Wichita for consistency’s sake. As it happens, that rebuild was the team that I own in Steinbrenner. That thread didn’t gain a lot of traction, which is fine, but the information certainly helped me on my way to becoming a better and more successful HBD owner.

Since a number of my teams have been slumping lately, I figured I would turn back to csherwood’s posts for guidance. Combine that with the fact that Steinbrenner is looking for a place to post trivia results and I had a eureka moment: bringing back the “WKRP” idea, only under the name “WSTN” (for Steinbrenner) could provide a platform for both revisiting csherwood’s posts and publicizing trivia answers. So while this thread will probably make the most sense to current members of the Steinbrenner community, I welcome anyone who sees it to follow along and chime in if you have any ideas that you would like to share (or let thewheaties know if you would like to be considered for any future openings in Steinbrenner!)"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Season 32 Trade Deadline

Season 33 Hall of Fame Voting